24 October 2008

Use What You Got...

One thing I am sure of today: the economy will turn back around. In the meantime, this is a great time to re-invent oneself. I've already begun! I'm changing my relationship with money because my previous relationship failed. I love spending money on what needs to be taken care of, and, of course, on what I want! Now I've decided to exchange rather than spend: this small paradigm shift with my words is creating a new internal vibe, which is more productive and less stressful in the long run.

Being a lifetime member of the creative society, I constantly have ideas running through my brain and coming out of my mouth. Funding each idea can be tricky. Needless to say, there are a lot of soon-to-be-birthed goodies, written out on brown paper, hanging on my bulletin board... waiting... waiting...

In the meantime, I intend to use what I already have... most, if not all of it! I have so many art supplies! Two weeks ago I purchased a few unfinished shelves from Michael's and had my husband hang 2 in my studio to house my favorite art books. (Shelves are a great floor space saver!) I forgot that I am very good at using pastels, color pencils, and clay: I have the projects and reference books to prove it! But the books have been buried under piles of other art stuff. Pulling them out, dusting them off, and placing them within plain sight inspires me every day that I am in my studio!

I look forward to using what I already have (my current supplies and books) to get what I really want: the satisfaction of seeing the creations that run through my brain come to fruition.

1 comment:

C. Om said...

Good stuff! I have lots in common with you. Check my blog.

Peace